Thursday 26 July 2018

Stamping with Blues

Time for a new Creative Challenge with Lavinia Stamps. And this month the theme is ‘Stamping with a Blues’. One of my favourite go to colours! You can post your entry Here

My first sample below was so quick to make. I used a geli plate print for the background, adding a circle mask and some Blueprint Sketch Distress ink around it. Then I stamped a selection of trees in four colours of Archival inks: Cornflower Blue, French Ultramarine, Manganese Blue and Cobalt. You can find a selection of colours Here and the tree selection Here. I then stamped the Fairy Foragers in Black Archival and highlited them with a Gelli roll sparkle pen. Also used it down the tree trunks and around the moon. I stamped Fairy words onto some tissue and tore around the words I wanted to use, then stuck in place with decoupage glue. 

This second sample is similar to one I’ve done before. I love the simplicity of it and is great if you want a quick make! I blended Blueprint Sketch and Broken China Distress Oxides through a large circle stencil. Then I used a blending sponge with a little water and dabbed it randomly over the inks, then blotted with kitchen towel. I like the mottled effect it achieves. Leaving the stencil in place I ‘splattered’ with gesso. Then I removed the stencil and covered the circle with the mask so I could splatter the border with diluted Oxides.....the colours used in the background. Finally I stamped the Sacred Tree in Cobalt blue Archival and embossed with clear embossing powder. 

My final sample: I stamped the Spring Trees in Cobalt Archival. The small foliage stamps come with the trees and I used these to decorate the trees using Blue Violet and French Ultramarine Archival. 

I blended Distress oxide around the edge then blotted some away by dipping my finger in water then blotting. I then dipped my finger in some Picked Raspberry diluted with mica water and dabbed around the edge. 

I hope I can inspire you to join in the Challenge. £40 worth of Lavinia vouchers up for grabs. 

Good luck and thank you so much for visiting my blog.    Lynne x


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always