Friday 30 October 2009

Pastures new!

Firstly, I would like to say how lucky I feel to have met so many lovely people since I started demonstrating for Particraft. It always amazes me how kind and generous fellow crafters can be!!! I feel privelaged to have made so many good friends and collegues.
I have had a very eventful few days! It all started last Thursday. I was late getting home from work so was pannicking about being late for Bobby and still had the car to pack for the party I was doing in the evening! Got indoors and after speaking to Maria, checked my e-mails to find I had been offered a job working for Creative Expressions!!! I was so excited - How lucky am I to be able to be paid for doing something I absolutely adore? Maria will also be doing the same roll in a different area so it will be great that we can start together and will even be doing our training at the same time.

Well, I had to gather my thoughts and get in gear for the party. So I dropped Bobby round my Mum's (What would I do without her?), and set off to Harlow in plenty of time to arrive there for 6pm. I eventually got there at 8.30ish!!!!! M25 had been closed all day and all surrounding roads were gridlocked! Still, after making a frantic trip to the loo, we managed to get some demo's done and the party I think was a great success.

Home at midnight, not a lot of sleep, then off to work to hand my notice in (after working there for almost 14 years)

So once we go back after half term (I work in a school) I will only have 3 weeks at this job!!! How exciting!!!

I promised some friends that I would post a picture of the card I designed for a Make and Take party I did this week. 8 people made this and it's amazing how they all turned out a little different. We had a few blizzards and a couple of hurricanes!!! But other than that they were all great. No honestly, they were all lovely. Thank you Natalie for making me so welcome.



The background was created with Distress inks: Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans and Worn Lipstick. All blended together with Cut and Dry foam. The hill effect was done by laying a piece of torn paper across the background and sponging with D Ink - lighter colours to the background and darker to the front.The whole background was then spritzed with Mica pigments: midnight blue and gold pearl, before stamping with a selection of stamps from the Stylish 3 Christmas set. All can be found atParticraft

Hope you like!
Bye for now

2 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow Lynne, Congratulations hunnie. Well done you. You deserve it you are so talented. I bet they were surprised at the school. What does the new job involve? I hope you can carry on the Craft club but I don't suppose you will have time. Fab card you have made as well. Speak soon.
Cathy xxxx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - You Deserve it :)

Cannot wait to hear all about it XXX