Thursday 3 May 2018

Midsummer dream

Sharing something a little different today. Distress oxides were layered in the background. Abandoned Coral, blueprint sketch and twisted citron were laid on my mat and spritzed with water which had some enchanted gold mica dispersed in it. Unfortunately you can’t see the lovely shimmer in the photo. I just kept layering until I achieved the effect I wanted, making sure I dried between layers. Then I stamped the trees using Archival inks in matching colours. The stamps I used were Fairy Fir TreeCelestial TreeSmall fairy fir tree Birds. I randomly stamped See a fairy script in the background. Such a useful stamp!

The Fairy words were stamped onto vellum which was then torn and wrapped around the stamped image, before matting onto black card. I also stamped it onto card and picked out the words- midsummer Dream. Cut them out, edged in black and adhered in place. 

Hope you like it. X

#laviniastamps

4 comments:

Tracey T said...

This is so beautiful,i love the depth youve created and adding mica to the ink xx

Lynne Gilbert said...

Thank you Tracey. I love a bit of mica!! 😊x

lollyblackheart said...

I love how atmospheric it feels, thank you for sharing

Lynne Gilbert said...

Thank you so much x