Tuesday 7 June 2011

Demo at In2Crafting, Wickford

Good evening bloggers. I'm not going to apologise for my terrible lack of blogging because it seems to have become a regular occurance. I just don't have time to keep up with it!!! I thought I must just do a quick post since so many of you who came along to the demo at In2Crafting mentioned it was January when I last posted! OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! Still as promised, here a few of the cards I made for the demo. Thank you so much to all those who attended. I had a great time and I hope you did too. It was nice to see so many familiar faces as well as lots of new ones.
I was demoing with the Grand Calibur along with Distress Inks, Cosmic Shimmer Mica's and Misters, Masks and embossing folders. Quite a lot to play with!!!
This first card was made by stamping the beautiful Garden Collage stamp onto card which had been sprayed with Aqua Lagoon and Ancient Copper Misters. Sections were then stamped on the same card and decoupaged. These stamps are so interesting to work with and there are so many ways of using them.

I have used the leaf mask as a background for this Tag card. Distress inks were applied with a stencil brush then whilst wet pearlescent mica was brushed over it. Lovely effect although it doesn't show up that well in the photo. These masks are great fun. They emboss beautifully in the Calibur.

The following cards and the one above have been stamped with a selection of stamps from the British Wild Flowers Stamp set. I thing Rene sold out of this on Saturday but I'm sure she will get some more in if you're interested. It's a lovely set and has two really lovely background stamps which are great to create lovely borders etc. This first card below is an easel card die cut using grand lebels eleven. The images stamped onto a masked distress ink background. Simple but effective.

This last card was something I picked up from Karen Lines. The background created whilst keeping the die in place so as not to lose the white border. Image first stamped with Weathered Wood Distress Ink to create a shadow, then stamped again just off to one side with Archival black heat embossed with Clear E powder.


Hope this is useful to those of you who asked me to post piccies.

Thank you to Rene and John for a nice day and to Michelle who fed me up with cream cakes! Not good for the figure you know! Hope to see you all soon.
Hugs
Lynne. xxx

1 comment:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous cards Lynne glad you had a super days. I will look out for the extra inches on the waistline. Lol!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx