Monday 10 May 2010

Create a Scene!

Tomorrows Craft Club is all about creating a scene. No not literally, but using some of Sheena's stamp plates to create beautiful masterpieces! We will be learning different ways of using the stamps and also how to frame them with a box frame. A really easy and effective design, and so many people enquire about how it is made. So the secret's out now! Well it is for those coming along tomorrow evening and after that I will let everyone else know if you're interested. I must admit though, the photo does not do it justice!


This is using Sheena's new Cottage plate. Stamped and masked to create the scene, then painted with Distress Inks. The second photo shows the depth of the frame.


I've used the Pub plate in this next card. Each element stamped with Walnut stain Distress ink then the colour dragged out with a damp paint brush.I've then cut out the elements and decoupaged to create the scene.

This next stamp is not actually a Create a Scene but is the new Lavender plate. I love this and it is so easy to paint. The image has been stamped and embossed with Viola Black EP, then painted with Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paints.
I've used the same stamp in this next card, stamped three times then cut with spellbinders nestability dies to create a pyramage effect. You can use the leftover pieces to make an invertage topper which I have done but haven't yet mounted.


Hope you like them.
Take care
Lynne. XXX

5 comments:

Vivien said...

Lovely cards Lynne.
Particularly like the Pub card.
Hope I can produce something similar at club?!
Viv xx

The Taming of the Glue said...

Love the cards. I need both sets of stamps! Great frames...looking forward to tutorial on here how to make them.

Unknown said...

They're fab! as usual - and yes, very much looking forward to the tutorial...hint hint!!!

lol Maria x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous cards Lynne, so sorry I couldn't make the club but I was up at 3am UK time and was out on my feet by the time we got home and unpacked. Cathy xxxx

The Taming of the Glue said...

I've left something on my blog for you!